Interim Report 2021: loan portfolio BNG Bank on course
• Long-term loan portfolio stable at EUR 86.1 billion
• Net interest income increases by EUR 3 million to EUR 228 million
• Net profit of EUR 187 million
• Remaining dividend for 2019 and 2020 to be paid out in October
• Operating expenses increase by EUR 4 million
‘We are satisfied with our financial results,’ says Gita Salden, Chief Executive Officer of BNG Bank. ‘We can look back on a good first half-year in which we were able to provide our public-sector clients with long-term loans worth EUR 5.6 billion. We are reporting an increase in our net profit, primarily due to an improved economic outlook, which is resulting in lower loan impairments and a better result on financial transactions.
The underlying net interest income increased by EUR 3 million to EUR 228 million; we passed the favourable short term ECB funding rates on to our clients. We are on track with our “Our road to impact” strategy, which we are using to continuously enhance our social impact.’